- Fingerprint cards are done Monday through Friday from 8 am to 3:30 pm.
- No appointment is necessary.
- Must show proof of identity with state-issued photo identification.
- Fingerprint card fee is $30 and exact cash is expected.
The Shelby County Sheriff's Office provides background histories using the Ohio BCI / FBI WebCheck service.
- Appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday from 8 am to 3:30 pm. Backgrounds will not be completed without an appointment. Please call 937-494-2118 to schedule an appointment.
- There is no appointment required for fingerprint cards. Please pay at the front office before being fingerprinted.
- Please fill out the Webcheck Application (PDF) completely.
- Under "Reason for Background", please provide the BCI (PDF) or FBI (PDF) codes. We will not schedule an appointment without them. We cannot advise what type of transaction you need (BCI only, FBI only, or a combination FBI / BCI). You can contact Ohio BCI with any questions.
- Payments for backgrounds are with a credit card or exact cash only. Note: There is a $2 fee automatically accessed by the machine for credit card transactions.
- BCI (Ohio Only): $35
- FBI (Federal Only): $30
- Both (BCI and FBI): $65
- Fingerprint Cards: $30 Per Person
- A photo ID or driver's license is required.
- Must provide an exact address for the WebCheck results to be mailed to, and circle if a direct copy needs sent.
- A parent or guardian will have to be present for any WebCheck applicant under the age of 18.
Local Background Checks
- The Shelby County Sheriff's Office will provide background records from our agency only.
- This is not a complete check of all county systems, nor a statewide check. This is documentation from our systems only.
- Local background check fee is $3.