- The Sheriff receives “Orders of Sales” from the Shelby County Common Pleas Clerk of Courts Office.
- These sales are advertised in the Sidney Daily News.
- We have no further information other than what is posted below.
- The buyer gets the property “as is,” caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).
- The Sheriff’s Office does not have information on liens or taxes.
- Sheriff’s Sales are not for the inexperienced. Every mistake is a costly mistake that may require the services of an attorney to resolve. It is recommended that all prospective purchasers contact a real estate attorney and title company prior to the sale.
Properties are appraised from the outside only. It’s important to realize that the Sheriff is just selling the house per court orders and we do not have keys, nor can we give you any rights to tour the house before a potential buy. So please do NOT call us for keys, appointments, information on current or past sales, or information on a property under foreclosure. We post what we have available.
The sales and detailed descriptions are advertised in the Sidney Daily Newspaper every Wednesday edition.
NOTICE UPDATED ONLINE SHERIFF SALES
Beginning on November 1, 2022 the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office will conduct the sale of all real estate subject to foreclosure on the “Official Public Sheriff’s Sale Website” which is operated by Realauction based on a contract with the Ohio Department of Administrative Services. The process and procedures under which these sales will be completed are detailed at the Realauction website https://shelby.sheriffsaleauction.ohio.gov. All prospective bidders should familiarize themselves with this new process.
In general the following key points are noted:
- All person(s) who want to bid on a property offered by the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office must register with Realauction. Registration will include completion of the Purchaser Information Form.
- Properties will be open for bid, at least seven days immediately prior to the date of sale. This is generally known as a proxy bid.
- Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (EST), the online auction will begin. Auction will be conducted for each individual property; however only one property will be sold at a time. After a property is sold the next scheduled property sale will begin.
- To be a qualified participant, bidders must submit a deposit based on the total deposit requirement ($2,000/ $5,000/ $10,000 set by law) for all properties on which the bidder wishes to bid by the predefined deadlines. The only acceptable deposit types are bank wire transfer or ACH, no cash deposits will be accepted. All Wire Deposits must be received by 5 p.m. EST two (2) business days before the auction sale date. All ACH Deposits must be initiated by 4 p.m. EST five (5) business days before the auction sale date. It is the responsibility of the bidder to plan ahead and allow enough time for their bidding deposits to be received and processed within the timeframes described above.
- Plaintiff/Judgment Creditors – A Judgment Creditor is defined as the creditors (plaintiff or defendants) who are awarded judgment in the foreclosure case. Judgment Creditors are required to register for a Username and Password and fill in all appropriate fields. Per Ohio Revised Code 2329.211, in every action of Judicial Sale or Execution of residential property, if the Judgment Creditor is the purchaser, they shall not be required to make a deposit on the sale. However, Judgment Creditors are required to submit the bidding style choice (pre-sale manage bid or live bid) AND a copy of the court order stating they are the Judgment Creditor on the case they are bidding to Realauction Customer Service (email@example.com) at least one (1) business day prior to the sale date. Submission can be done via email or fax. Submission must include the bidder number and user account contact first and last name in the submission. For more information and training on requirements to participate in the online auctions as a Plaintiff/Judgment Creditor, please call (877) 361-7325 ext 245 or 246.
Realauction will conduct webinar training classes. Training classes will be held via the Internet on a regular schedule. These webinar classes generally last 90 minutes and specifically cover the use of the software. Attendance is by registration only.
For additional information or to register for a webinar, please contact the Realauction Customer Service at (954) 734-7401 or toll free at (877) 361-7325. Customer Service can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All current sales can be found on the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office app. You will need to download from your phone’s app store: Shelby County Sheriff’s Office-Ohio.