Fingerprinting | WebCheck
- Fingerprint cards are done Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
No appointment is necessary.
- Must show proof of identify with a state-issued photo identification.
- Fingerprint card fee is $30 and EXACT cash is expected.
Background WebChecks – The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office provides background histories using the Ohio BCI/FBI WebCheck service.
- Appointments are scheduled Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Backgrounds will NOT be completed without an appointment.
- Please fill out the Webcheck Application completely.
Under “Reason for Background”, please provide the BCI or FBI codes. We will not schedule an appointment without them. We cannot advise what type of transaction you need (BCI only, FBI only, or a combination FBI/BCI). You can contact Ohio BCI with any questions. Bring with you to your appointment.
- Payments for backgrounds are with a credit card or exact cash only.
NOTE: There is a 3% fee automatically accessed by the machine.
|BCI (Ohio Only)||$35.00|
|FBI (Federal Only)||$30.00|
|Both (BCI & FBI)||$65.00|
A photo ID or driver’s license is required.
Results cannot be faxed. Must provide exact address for the WebCheck results to be mailed to, NO exceptions.
A parent or guardian will have to be present for any WebCheck applicant under the age of 18.
Local Background Checks
- The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office will provide background records from our agency only.
- This is not a complete check of all county systems, nor a statewide check.
- This is documentation from our systems only.
- Local background check fee is $3.00
MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO COME INTO THE SHELBY COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE