About the Shelby County EMA
The Shelby County EMA is organized under ORC 5502.26. All political subdivisions within the county have entered into a written agreement to establish the county-wide agency.
Each political subdivision will select a representative to make up an advisory committee that will:
- Appoint an executive committee through which the countywide agency will implement emergency management.
- Advise the executive committee on matters pertaining to countywide emergency management.
The executive committee must consist of at least the following members: one county commissioner, five chief executives representing municipalities and townships, and one non-elected representative.
The agency is supported by the political subdivisions in the agreement. The executive board appoints a director to establish an emergency management program.
Director of the Shelby County EMA:
- Kristy Fryman
- Office: (937) 492-5635
- Cell: (937) 726-1731
Members of the Executive Board for the Shelby County EMA are:
- Bruce Metz, Village of Jackson Center representative, Chair
- Julie Ehemann, Board of County Commissioner
- Chuck Axe, Van Buren Township representative, Secretary
- Tim Bender, Village of Anna Representative
- Randy Bensman, Green Township representative
- Rick Simon, Loramie Township representative
- Mark Harrod, non-elected representative