The Shelby County Emergency Response Plans provide a comprehensive framework for emergency management within our communities including:
- An integrated emergency management system involving all departments of local government and private support agencies, as well as individual citizens.
- An effective, coordinated operation of resources and personnel to address emergency response.
- A cooperative effort to minimize the effects of all hazards; to protect lives and property; and to restore the stricken area to its pre-disaster status with a minimum social and economic disruption.
- A statement of policy regarding emergency management and assigns tasks and responsibilities to county officials, department heads, various agencies and organizations explaining their roles during, before, and after emergency or disaster situations.
- Continues to evolve; reflecting lessons learned from actual experiences in disasters and from county planning, training, and exercises.