Is my "grandfathered" status portable?

If a person or person's surviving spouse moves to another residence in Ohio and that person received the homestead reduction for the 2013 tax year (2104 for manufactured homes), that person or the surviving spouse is exempt from the income threshold requirement for the homestead reduction at the new property. Form DTE 105G (PDF) must be filed with the auditor of the new county of residence.

Show All Answers

1. What is the homestead exemption?
2. How do I apply for the homestead exemption?
3. When can I file?
4. Who is eligible for the homestead exemption?
5. What is the income threshold?
6. What if I am eligible for the 2013 tax year but failed to apply?
7. What happens if I own 2 homes?
8. What income is used to determine my eligibility?
9. What if I do not file an Ohio Income Tax Return?
10. Will my income be verified by the Auditor's Office?
11. If I am currently receiving the homestead reduction, am I required to provide my income?
12. Is my "grandfathered" status portable?
13. What is the "great grandfathered" clause and is it portable?
14. What types of properties are eligible for the homestead exemption?
15. Who is considered a homeowner?
16. How much will my taxes be reduced by the homestead exemption?
17. Do I need to apply again if I am already receiving the homestead exemption on my tax bill?
18. How do I show proof of my age and/or residency?
19. How will I know if my application has been approved?