Were the parents married/divorced?

If yes, you must contact the Domestic Relations Court in the county where the divorce was filed.

Show All Answers

1. Has custody or parenting time ever been determined in another court?
2. Were the parents married/divorced?
3. Does the child reside in Shelby County?
4. How do I file for custody or visitation or modifications of an existing custody or visitation order established in the Shelby County Juvenile Court?
5. Am I required to have a hearing to obtain custody of a child?
6. Can I bring my other children with me to court?