What happens if I don't pay support?

Failure to comply with a court order for support could result in a motion for contempt being filed with possibilities of financial penalties and/or incarceration. You can apply for the public defender by filling out a financial disclosure form in the Juvenile Clerk's Office. Anyone applying for public defender appointment may be required to pay a $25 indigent application fee. This fee is non-refundable and is paid to the court.

Visit our Court Rules and Forms page to obtain the application online.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get my support order modified, reduced, or terminated?
2. If the parents get back together, what happens to the support obligation?
3. What happens if I don't pay support?