Jail & Offender Information
The Shelby County Correctional Facility is a 188 bed county owned jail located in Sidney, Ohio. We are located at 555 Gearhart Road and have been located here since 1994.
Before 1994 we were located in the downtown area of Sidney and had capacity to hold only 39 male inmates. Today we have the ability to house males, females, and even juveniles on a limited time basis.
We are proud to have achieved 100% compliance with the Ohio Bureau of Adult Detention Minimum Jail Standards for 2005. We are striving to achieve this goal every year.
The jail offers work release and inmate worker positions to those who qualify. Programs such as G.E.D., drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs and many other enrichment classes are offered as well.
Our daily population is 113 inmates, with a record high of 155 people housed here.
The daily meals are subcontracted out to A.B.L. Management. The meals are prepared on site using an inmate work force to assist the cook in preparations.
The jail’s Correctional Staff consists of 31 employees with a mix of Deputy supervisors, Corrections Officers and medical staff.
We also have one transport officer to handle the transportation of inmates to and from court, prison and various other appointments.
- Each inmate can receive up to two (2) 15-minute visits per week.
- Visitors will be required to have a photo ID or State ID card.
- Absolutely nobody under the age of 12 years old can visit and visitors between the ages of 12 and 18 can visit an inmate only when being accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- They, too, will have to have a Photo ID or Birth Certificate.
- Clergy can visit at anytime, however, advance notice is request and proof of clergy status may be required.
- Visitation is not by appointment, visitation is on a first come first serve basis until visiting hour time allotments are filled.
Male Visitation Hours
- Sunday Noon until 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
Female Visitation Hours
- Sunday 3:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday 9:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
Juveniles Being Held As Adults (Adjudicated) Visitations
- Sunday 4:00 p.m. until 4:15 p.m.
- Thursday 10:00 p.m. until 10:15 p.m.
- Male unpaid visitation 6:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- Male paid visitation 7:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Female unpaid visitation 8:00 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
- Female paid visitation 8:30 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
For more information, or to schedule a tour contact us at 937.498-7831.
Make a Deposit through www.smartdeposit.com
You will need:
- Credit or debit card information
- Inmate’s name, number and facility code
- Pay location code: 5500
- Minimum Deposit $25 | Maximum Deposit $100
- Phone Service Fee 6% of total ($6.00 minimum)
- Internet Service Fee 4.5% of total (minimum of $4.50)
- Maximum transaction amount per week – $200
- Maximum number of transactions per week – 5
My Care Pack . Com
We’re here to give you the opportunity to show your friends and loved ones that you’re thinking of them when they’re not around. By integrating our safe, secure, easy-to-use Internet Superstore with the proven reliability of Trinity Services Group we guarantee that the recipient of your Care Package will be more than satisfied by the quality of our products and the timeliness of our delivery.
If you are interested in sending a care package to an inmate please visit the following link.